The eclectic Deanna Schrayer at the wonderful blog The Other Side of Deanna has bestowed us with the Creative Writer Blogger Award -- With a Creepy Twist. I humbly accept and thank her. I also want to apologize for getting to this so late.
Here are the rules to accepting the award:
1. Thank the person who gave this to you.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth – or – switch it around and tell six outrageous truths and one outrageous lie.
5. Nominate seven “Creative Writers” who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies. *
(*) I usually don't like to nominate so many bloggers. It keeps the spread interesting...
6. Post links to the blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
I nominate for their utter creepy twistiness:
1) The Wit and Weirdness of Al Bruno -- Al's must-read blog is one-stop shopping for creative, twisted, (and sometimes) creepy fun. And he's MONDO creative. Check it out and you'll see why.
2) Mindspeak - Carrie Clevenger's blog is ripe for this award. She's twisted. She's creepy and she can WRITE! Go there. Now.
3) The Bathroom Monologues - While he's not as creepy as the above pair, blogger John Wiswell certain adds a definite sense of twist to his daily blog. It's wickedly entertaining.
OK, now for the fun part: The following are my Seven Lies and One Truth or Seven Truths and One Lie… You decide and let me know in the comments...
1) I chugged my first beer when I was 6 years-old. Man, that was gooooood.
2) I was once in a stage production and did an acting monologue pretending to be a peach.
3) My first concert ever was Donny and Marie Osmond. I couldn't take my eyes off of her.
4) After high school, I used to sneak to Englishtown on weekends and work a demolition derby pit. They let me I drive once and dislocated my shoulder.
5) I once had a wildly hot run playing craps in Atlantic City for 13 hours. It made my salary for the year.
6) I once got into a fight at a Planet of the Apes marathon. Some A-hole apparently thought I was flirting with his girlfriend. I wasn't. She was flirting with me.
7) When I was 19, I joined the Army and was stationed in Germany for two years. It's where I earned my stripes in drinking great beer.