Well, it must be awards season in the Blogosphere. In the past couple of weeks, we were fortunate enough to receive The Fabulous Flash Award twice.
Yesterday, the talented Michael Brown has awarded Bukowski's Basement with the Versatile Blogger Award.
You can find his eclectic stories and observations by him and many talented contributors HERE.
As a recipient, I'm supposed to let you know 10 things about myself. Last week, I shared 10 so I may be at a loss but hmmmmm, let's see...
1. In high school (at an all boys school), I lettered in the newspaper and almost put it on my letterman sweater. Geeky. I know...
2. I've never read "The Catcher in the Rye" and don't really want to.
3. While the dream gig would be to work as a writer in TV or film, I'm most inspired by music.
4. On that note, some of the best concerts I've been to include Sinatra (a hunka times), Sammy Davis. Jr., Michael Jackson, Brian Setzer and Marc Anthony. The lamest? Jack Wagner. There was a method to that madness, I assure you.
6. Speaking of marathons, I live for Rod Serling's "Twilight Zone" marathon every New Year's on the SiFi Channel.
7. On my first car date, I locked the keys in my car and had to call my dad to rescue us. For the record, it was an October evening out to see a little flick called "Dirty Dancing."
sneaked) into the Playboy Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City when I was 17. Um... I was asked to leave.
9. Andrew Dice Clay (at right) made mince-meat outta me one night on stage in '89. When I interviewed him years later, I didn't remind him. A few years after THAT, he almost got me again, this time in Vegas -- thank God the guy next to me was wearing khakis.
10. I've never eaten an actual orange. I hate pulp and won't drink juice with even the slightest hint of pulp. I get most of my nutrients in pill form.
OK, now for the fun part... I'm supposed to bestow this on 10 other bloggers but ... since I don't want this award to spread like the Black Death in medieval Europe, I'll slow down it's growth and only give it to five worthy recipients.
1. Conversations from Land's Edge - Hosted by Alan W. Davidson, one day you're reading flash fiction, another you're reading his eclectic film reviews and another he's in a red fez. Like being at your best bud's house...
2. Bella Vista - Themed after writer Pamila Payne's fictitious (and dreary) motel -- The Bella Vista -- explore this wonderful noirish landscape of dames, crooks and (anti-) heroes that spend time there. Settle in cuz these tales are second-to-none.
4. I've quickly become a fan of Tomara Armstrong's This, That... The Other Thing. While it's mostly flash, she brings it with her tight and crisp pieces. Nothing better than snappy flash and that's primarily what you'll find here.
5. With blog titles like "Open a Vein" and "Time Bombs and Kisses," Kat Del Rio's eclectic joint Crooked Tales is a mish-mash of noir, macabre, smut and sweetness in a tasty jambalaya of poetry and flash. Eclectic and truly original.