Thursday, January 21, 2010

SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION: AT THE BIJOU

My noir piece, "An Unlikely Partner" is up and live in a Noir-arama Double-Double Feature of talented scribes on the tasty blog At the Bijou.

You will also find three delicious thrillers from the talented Kevin Michaels, the prolific Paul D. Brazill (who is everywhere online btw) and the super cool Bijou curator Absolutely*Kate, who's print project Harbinger*33 will showcase 33 super-talented scribes.

Please click play to enjoy an
audio reading of 'An Unlikley Partner'

Due to some minor technical 'movie theater' difficulties (damn those embed codes), I have an audio component to my noir that is not live on At the Bijou at the moment. So in the meantime (while the projectionist is working on the problem), I'd love for you to read along since it's my first full-length audio reading. Be warned, though, I'm no Barry Northern.

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous story! My fedora is off to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Anthony—your voice is perfect for the atmosphere. This was so cool with all the background noises. Loved it. Botta bing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reading and story was the PERFECT accompaniment to another rainy LA day. I'll have to steal your idea of putting reading up on the internet archive. Great, great stuff. I've embedded it on my site, not that anyone goes there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perky Projectionist here, Mr Venutolo!

    All is up and running in sound-working order ... why, you can hear glass tinkle, a jukebox come alive, a not-a-wooden nickel flop around a barkeep's polished position ...

    BUY HEY KIDS!
    AT THE BIJOU!
    WE'RE PUTTIN' ON ANTHONY'S SHOW.

    Barry Northern? You out there? This guy's got gumption and knows how to smooth-talk it!

    ~ This has been a staff of renown from AT THE BIJOU. Ms Kate sent me over ... wants our Authors doin' dances in the street she does.

    Thanks Mr Venutolo, thanks for the tip. WOWZERS ... a whole quarter ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your disclaimer was not necessary, that was a really enjoyable and high-quality production. Thanks for the link though! :) Erin's right -- your voice is great for this kind of tale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent Job Ant! So this is what you're doing in the middle of the night?? The sound effects are great. I'm guessing this was a 20+ hour production after you finished the story. Am I right? I know you man...that coin didn't chime in at the exact perfect moment by accident.

    ReplyDelete

Say something... Anything...