Monday, April 4, 2011

IN THE WORLD OF 'DUH...' HEADLINES


NEWSFLASH: 'J.K. Rowling Considering Harry Potter e-Books'

Oh she's considering it?? Gee, what with e-books taking over the marketplace and all... Good idea, J.K. ...

SUBHED: The move would transform the electronic market and add to Rowling’s already impressive net worth

While the availability of Rowling's modern classics will undoubtedly ignite tremendous sales across the board, the current e-book market does NOT need any kind of transformation. In fact, e-book Sales Continue to Break Records with +164.4 Percent Gains for 2010. In fact, self-published e-book authors are finally starting to be discovered and make real money from their work (Amanda Hocking, anyone?). Need proof? Just ask this guy.

In any case, to read more about Rowling entering the e-book world, click HERE.

4 comments:

  1. I was wallowing around in the Basement this evening and saw this post again. How long do you think it will take for others to follow? Hell, even King did it for his last, long-awaited book, didn't he? More and more people are switching and I swore I never would but when I went to celebrate the closing--I should say mourn--of my local Borders store and buy as many books as I could carry at 60% off, I found that all of Bukowski's were long gone. Two weeks ago they had at least a dozen but I knew the price would be going down so I waited. Bad move. Oh well. There's always Amazon. Eventually I'll just have to grow up and have one of the teenagers down the block teach me to use more new technology. And publish my book while I'm at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, e-books are sweeping the world of books. Glad she's jumped on board. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would the HP books transform the electronic market? The market's doing just fine already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just gave you the Stylish Blogger Award. Check it out from my post. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Say something... Anything...