|'I got a gun ... HE got a gun ... He got a gun ... EVER'BODY GOT GUNS!|
SEASON THREE, EPISODE TWO
'SPAGHETTI & COFFEE'
THIS WEEK: Written by Howard Korder and directed by 'Empire' first-timer Alik Sakharov, the tension in this episode progressed nicely with — shockingly — no body count which is a rarity these days on 'Empire.' As always, take heed... Massive spoilers ahead.
Here's what went down:
• Nucky meets a new 'associate' in the form of U.S. investigator Gaston Bullock Means, courtesy of Attorney General Harry Daugherty.
• At St. Theresa’s, Margaret, still trying to get a handle on playing the dutiful benefactor, clashes with both doctor and patient.
• Gyp Rosetti finds an odd solace with Tabor Heights when he realizes how strategic the town is on a map.
• Chalky White and daughter Maybelle (Christina Jackson) disagree on her future with potential husband and current med student beau Samuel.
• Eli, sprung from jail, comes to terms with his absence from home and goes to work for a most unlikely boss.
For my full scene-by-scene annotated recap, historical footnotes, episode videos, tunes from the era and other thoughts, visit NJ.com.