Monday, November 9, 2009

THE CATCHIEST TUNE IN A LONG WHILE...

"The idea of two people vocalizing their relationship through duets...I always thought of it as just a small project between friends. It perfectly captured where I was in my life at the time," says actress Scarlett Johansson of her new album with fellow Jerseyan Pete Yorn entitled "Break Up."

We can forgive the actress for her earlier solo effort, "Anywhere I Lay My Head," in which she covered all of Tom Waits tunes. Easy to try, tough to pull off. Waits is Waits after all. Of her debut disc, Rolling Stone said,"she's a faintly goth Marilyn Monroe lost in a sonic fog..." Whatever. Personally, I think she sounds awesome and rarely has she looked better as evidenced in this video below.

Speaking of... This new catchy and infectious single "Relator" from the duet disc "Break Up" was released earlier in the year (the album itself was released in September). The tune is honestly one of the catchiest joints I've heard in a long, long while.

Check out the video for "Relator" and the lyrics below...



Read the lyrics for "Relator" after the jump...

When I met you,
I didn't know what to do.
I was tired,
I was hungry,
I fight.
Now I'm away,
I write home
everyday and I see
you on the TV at night.

[Chorus]

You can see that
life's for us to
talk about.
You can leave
whenever you want out. Whoa.
You don't relate to me,
no girl,
you don't respect me,
no girl,
no girl. Oh yeah.

When I met you,
I didn't know what to do,
but I noticed that I
didn't really feel.
Now you're away,
you write home everyday.
I don't beg,
I don't borrow,
I steal.

[Chorus]

You don't think that
life's for us to
talk about.
You can leave
whenever you want out,
you want out.
Well, you don't relate to me,
no girl.
You don't respect me,
no girl.
(you can leave when
ever you want out)
And you don't relate to me,
no girl.
And you don't respect me,
no girl.
(You can leave
whenever you want out)
No you don't relate to me,
no girl.
And you don't respect me,
no girl.
No girl. Yeah.


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that WAS catchy. Fits the theme of your blog site really well. Thanks as always, Anthony, for showing me something cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I catch a whiff of "All Your Loving" from The Beatles in the pre-chorus??
    Not a bad song at all. Like Dan days, very fitting for your posts of late!

    ReplyDelete

Say something... Anything...