Wednesday, January 28, 2009

FLASH FICTION: THE CRAZY SMILE



Enjoy 'The Crazy Smile,' my latest entry onto the world of microflash fiction - stories told in just six sentences.

One morning while I was trying to stay awake in the dreary fog of crisp October, I saw a gaunt old man staring and waving at me from the side of the road. As I drove by, I couldn't help notice that his wrinkled suit - damp from the crisp moisture in the air - barely kept its shape. Why was he waving at me, some dumb cabbie trying to get back to the airport? Needing to affirm that he wasn't a loopy result of a bizarre concoction of Red Bull and coffee, I made a U-turn and headed back but he vanished. Who was he? Someone needs to tell the hairs on my back of my neck...


0 comments from fellow 'Basement' dwellers:

Post a Comment

Say something... Anything...