The Flash Fiction blog Liminal Fiction and its owner, Richard Bon, was kind enough to bestow upon me the Kreativ Blogger Award. Mucho thanks for that, Richard! Thanks, as always, for reading.
In order to accept the kudos, I have to share 10 things about myself with my basement dwellers and pass it along to a few blogs that I feel are worthy. OK ... So here goes:
1) I can only watch noir films at night.
2) I'm a sucker for old radio dramas.
3) I still maintain that my favorite job was my first - in the stock room at Barnes & Noble. Oh, the books...
4) I hate the warm weather and all that comes with it.
5) As a child, I never had a pet.
6) I certainly have pack rat tendencies but obvious Rat Pack style.
7) My first REAL shot of any kinda hard booze was after a fight with an old flame well into my twenties. No worries, I've more than made up for lost time.
8) On my first and only Boy Scout camping trip, me and a bunch of the other young scouts got tied to a tree. Um... Yeah. Never went camping again.
9) If there's a marathon airing anywhere on TV, I'll usually watch. That said, I try to avoid VH1 on Sundays.
10) I once did a ridiculous amount of freelancing for Men's Health magazine and as someone who now covers many facets of entertainment, lemme just say that it's easier to get celebrities on the phone than doctors.
Now that THAT'S out of the way, I'm passing along the Kreativ Blogger Award to three completely different animals:
Bish's Beat: One stop shopping for pulp, noir, hard-boiled and retro goodness. Bish, a retired cop, has been at the blog game a while and more than brings the goods.
Alt Disney World: I've said it before. I'm a sucker for the Americana of Walt Disney and his theme parks. For an alterntive look at life within the parks and Disneyana, this is the only blog you need to read.
Drunken Absurdity: The blogger blog of counter-culture madman Adam Schirling, founder and editor-in-chief of Drunken Absurdity, the revolutionary ezine that features alternative literature, poetry, art and movies. Soon to be a print venture.
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
6/12/2012 3 comments