Saturday, September 19, 2009

WHAT WOULD SWAYZE DO? (flash fiction)

While this isn't the most embarrassing moment of my life, it certainly stands out as one of my defining moments of nervous stupidity... Enjoy this piece of flash fiction that was the answer to a challenge calling for our most embarrassing moments

It was Fall of 1987 and all I can remember about it now was how crisp the air seemed.

After waiting what seemed like an hour on her couch, Darlene and I hopped into my 1978 Buick La Sabre and headed towards the movie, my first with a girl.

As we watched Johnny Castle take baby out of her corner, all I could think of was my next move. Do we go out for ice cream or do I take her home?

Walking up to the car in a sweet little hand-hold, I patted my pants furiously with that spazzy panic that every guy knows all too well.

Sighing, I looked at the movie poster and admired how cool Swayze was before turning to Darlene, "Do you have a dime? I have to call my mother so my dad can unlock my car."

1 comment:

  1. Classic. Luckily I haven't done that in front of a woman. Yet.

    ReplyDelete

Say something... Anything...